We have recently celebrated our 35th Anniversary and continue to be the leading school in Alexandria and the surrounding area. We have close links with the British Consulate - our Patron is Her Majesty’s Consul General and part of our campus is in the Consulate grounds. The school is a deliberately relatively small 3-18 British international school (515 students). It is recognised by the DfE and is an accredited member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). It is a high achieving and forward thinking school which enjoys an excellent reputation. We are committed to ensuring excellent learning and teaching in a caring environment. You will find the school a rewarding and friendly place to work with good relationships between staff and students. We have a strong commitment to the professional development of all our staff.
Our youngest children follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework. Students in Key stages 1, 2 and 3 follow the British National Curriculum, in KS4 students study for IGCSEs and in the Sixth Form students study A-levels. Although our curriculum is based on the British system, we try to ensure that it incorporates the history, geography, language and culture of Egypt as well as having a strong international dimension. All students also study Arabic.
Our vision is to provide a quality 3-18 British International education in Alexandria which is underpinned by outstanding teaching to develop knowledgeable, caring, compassionate, respectful global citizens and lifelong learners who will have both the desire and capabilities to help to make our world a better place.
A large proportion of our students are Egyptian nationals but we also have a significant number of students from other countries, with over 23 different nationalities represented including neighbouring Middle Eastern/African countries as well as a smaller proportion from Europe.
Alexandria is a bustling, friendly and cosmopolitan city on the Mediterranean full of historical interest. Life for teachers is relaxed and safe with a relatively low cost of living with a sufficiently good infrastructure, shops, cafes and restaurants to lead a European lifestyle. Most teachers are able to save at least 60% of their salary and at the same time enjoy exploring Egypt. Although from time-to-time Egypt appears in the media, you will find that living in Alexandria is in reality similar to living in any other big city with no particular security issues and a strong and stable government.
The temperate Mediterranean climate in Alexandria ensures cooler summers and warmer winters than in other parts of Egypt. In winter (January/February) there are some rainy days with temperatures ranging between 10°C and 20°C, summers are renowned for the refreshing sea breeze, with temperatures between 22°C and 36°C.
Terms and Conditions /Advantages
- Very good tax free salary
- Free furnished quality accommodation (excluding utility bills) with sole occupancy within walking distance to the school (minimum 2 bedroom furnished apartment for single teachers and 3 bedroom family accommodation for families) in a safe affluent suburb of Alexandria.
- Annual economy return flights to the UK for teacher, spouse and dependants
- Beginning and end of contract baggage allowance
- 2 free school places for dependent children
- Free health insurance for teacher, spouse and dependants
- 2 or 3 year initial international school teacher contract
- Small class sizes (typically 15 students in a class)
- Highly motivated students who want to learn
- Forward looking British independent international school at the heart of the community with a family atmosphere
- Excellent professional development together with opportunities to take on responsibility
- British International accredited (COBIS and BSME) not-for-profit school for children aged 3-18
- Vibrant north African Egyptian city with excellent opportunities for travel
The school is currently at an exciting stage, expanding from 2 form entry to 3 form entry and looking to build a new school which would enable the whole school to be on one campus with enhanced facilities.
There are plenty of opportunities to take on extra responsibilities and posts of responsibility may be available for suitably qualified and experienced teachers.
If you would be interested in joining us then please download an Application Form by clicking on the following link:
Please email a completed application form together with a brief letter of application, of no more than two sides of A4. You may send a CV instead of an application form but if you do so, you would need to edit your CV so that it covers the same information as in our application form and in approximately the same order. The letter should be addressed to Mr Darren E. Hugill and emailed to email@example.com with a cpoy sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or would like any further details about a particular post, please do not hesitate to contact myself by email at email@example.com. Note that we reserve the right to appoint an exceptional candidate before the closing date.